Thursday, February 11, 2016

January Photo Roundup


Avalon went to work with Daddy one day during her winter break! It was an idea she came up with completely on her own and Shaun was a good enough sport to just go with it. She loved her day in the office!
She even picked out this very professional work outfit all by herself :)
A couple days of heavy rain produced this monster-sized puddle in the dirt lot in front of our house. Naturally, Avalon wanted to go stomp in it...

These pictures were taken before the "stomping" evolved into something much, much messier. Showers and a load of laundry soon followed.
The boys wisely watched the puddle action from the sidelines
Another favorite post-rain activity: searching for worms
Creating a worm terrarium ("my pets" she calls it)
We spent a lot of time outside in January when it wasn't raining. I love California winters, especially in the Delta--not too cold, but just enough to keep the mosquitoes away. 
Napping outside in the fresh, crisp air...Denmark-style. Google it. ;)
Avalon posing with the "playhouse" she made for her baby bro out of cardboard boxes! She must have spent 2 hours working on this one Sunday morning.
I'm beginning to think the title of this post should be 'Avalon's Ideas.' Here are the girls doing a science experiment that Avi learned about in a YouTube video and wanted to try out.
Eloise posing proudly after writing her name on the dry erase board (never mind the two little photo bombs in this pic)!  I decided to start doing a "home school" lesson with her several times a week and within days she could already write her name. She's such a fast and enthusiastic learner!
Two little buddies snuggled up together one morning [in my bed, of course]
Never was there a more loved little brother :)
Kelish Kids chowing down on pizza on Family Night at Round Table (this was Avalon's idea, too)
Here is one of Eloise's ideas... making a "picnic" for her dolls. I love how there is one doll and one piece of food per square of her comforter. She has done this a couple times over the last month.
I just realized I am 2 months overdue in writing Ellie's 4-year-old post! I WILL get it done within the month! There is so much to say about this girl; she is growing up so fast! [[Sadfacehappyface]]
I'm overdue on writing a "progress report" for this little guy, also! I'll get that done within the month, too. He has changed so much in the last 3 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment