Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Summer Highlights Part 3 - August & September

Another popcorn, smoothie and movie summer afternoon
Shaun surprised me with this beautiful bouquet and sushi platter on August 9th, our old dating anniversary. This year marks 14 years together! <3
August 10th was this girl's first day of first grade! Where does the time go?!
:)
A good luck hug from little bro before heading off to school
After school we headed to Davis for Quinn's 4th birthday party at the Davis Farmers Market
Showing off their face paint
That time my third born got his hand stuck in his pocket (and I lunged for my camera instead of helping him out)
Dancing with friends Jenny and Linda at Al Fresco on August 19
...and the following week at Al Fresco, with Quinn! This was our most anticipated Al Fresco date of the season, featuring one of our favorite bands, The J Band.
I watched this classic scene from afar... Eloise, arms crossed and spouting attitude...
...only to (I'm sure intentionally) upset her big sister, which instigated a fight and a big 'ol scene right in front of the crowd, in the middle of one of their favorite songs. ::sigh::
Avalon lost her first tooth the morning of Saturday, August 27th! There were still tears of joy in her eyes when I took this pic; losing her first tooth had been a lonnnnnnnng anticipated event. :)
A pic with the apple that did it!
Avalon left this adorable note -- "Deer tooth feree would I ples bee abl to keep my tuth?" -- on top of a shot glass full of water that she put her tooth in for the Tooth Fairy. Jesse and I did this when we were growing up instead of putting the tooth under our pillow, because that's what our Dad did when he was a kid. My Mom thought it was just as weird as Shaun now thinks it is, but I can't say I'm disappointed that Avalon chose to carry on this Schmidt tradition (I had given her a few different options as to where she could leave her tooth).  By the way, I'm happy to report that the "feree" obliged Avalon's request...and also left behind a 5 dollar bill folded into an origami heart. :)
I love this pic of a toothless Avalon photobombing her sister's "glamour shot"
Oh how I adore these two cutie pies! If only they were always as sweet as they appear in this pic... ;)
Eddie hanging out with Uncle Jesse when we all got together for Nana's birthday on August 31
Avalon and Uncle having a chat
Happy Birthday Nana!!
Kristina and Eddie at the final Friday Al Fresco on September 2. Steve, Cindy and Kristina came down for the concert, spent the night, and then took the kids back to Corning with them for the Labor Day weekend! (Which also gave Shaun and I a much appreciated staycation!)
Night one of Staycation... dinner at Scott's on the River
...followed by lunch at Chicago Fire on day two!  
Eloise's first "First Day of School" pic on Wednesday, September 7th! Despite being a little nervous at drop off, there were no tears and she did great on her first day of preschool!
Avalon came along to drop little sis off at school on her first day. Look how grown up they look! I'm still getting used to only having Eddie to keep me company from 8:30-12:30, Wednesday through Friday.
Like Father like Son! The boys rocking completely unplanned matching outfits. 
Goofing around outside on the last Saturday morning of the summer, September 17th
Avalon did a little roller skating in her PJs
Meanwhile, Eddie lined up sidewalk chalk inside the playhouse
And Ellie requested that I take this photo of her with a paper butterfly. So long, Summer 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment