Tuesday, January 5, 2021

September Photo Roundup

Well... I was on a roll with blogging there for a little while, wasn't I? Just as I was about to catch up, October arrived and the rest of the year disappeared in a whirlwind of holidays and birthdays. 

BUT. Here I am, back again and determined to document the last four months of 2020. So without further adieu...

Eddie rocking his frog hat he made in Kindergarten class (while sporting a matching frog shirt!). The school year began with a study of the ABCs and a corresponding hat for every letter of the alphabet.


A glimpse of Eddie's distance learning set-up in the den. Kind of sad how we all started out the school year thinking this would be temporary. :( It's looking more and more like kids won't be back in the classroom until August. I'm thankful that Eddie was at least able to have an in-person TK experience in Clarksburg before the 2020 fit hit the shan. 
Garden goodies
I don't remember what was going on here, but looks like the usual sibling antics
Two Eddies on "H" day
A pic of Gizmo that I sent to Avalon by request while the kids spent a couple days in Placerville
Our back yard looking so green and so pretty. I'm really missing this right about now! Turns out our backyard grass is a type called Bermuda, which turns brown in cold weather regardless of how much it is watered. :( (The upside is that it is extremely drought-tolerant, which serves us well in CA.)
BREAKING NEWS (back in September)... the Kelish Girls now have PIERCED EARS!!
...all thanks to the King of at-home piercing... DAD! Yes, Shaun pierced the girls ears with kits he bought off Amazon. (And yes, Mom was VERY hesitant about this plan.) Fortunately, all went smoothly and both girls report that it didn't hurt a bit. In fact, Eloise was the first to have hers done (Avalon hadn't quite worked up the courage yet), and AFTER Shaun had shot the earring through her earlobe she eagerly asked, "Did you do it yet??" 
Later on, Shaun raided my jewelry box to see how many of his old ear piercings were still open after 15 years. (Answer: all of them!)
Eloise having a hair-raising experience at the park
Kelish Boys rocking their at-home Covid haircuts, courtesy of yours truly! I've always cut the girls' hair myself, but 2020 gave me the nudge needed to get comfortable with boy cuts. Great Clips and Super Cuts may have lost a couple clients for life! 

Securing the baby branches our new Ruby Sunset Maple
More sibling shenanigans
Avalon contributed to the 2020 coin shortage by permanently taking three cents out of circulation. After procrastinating cleaning up a salt-and-vinegar science experiment for class, portions of these pennies literally dissolved. (On an unrelated note, this is a great close-up of the epoxy job on our tile countertops!)
This was a highlight of September for me... using my new food strainer to make tomato sauce sans skins and seeds! This gadget came in especially handy this summer, after being gifted 100+ pounds of Roma tomatoes from a friend... with a tomato-farming friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment